Resources for parents and caregivers of trans and gender expansive youthMay 03, 2023
Original post: Sept. 29, 2019
Updated: May 3, 2023
Hello! If you're here, you may be looking for some resources, supports or simply a village of fellow parents and caregivers. Here is how we can help.
Pflag Halifax has received a generous donation of books from UPS Foundation and we are adding them to our wonderful lending library! I'll be sharing more on this, but here are a few of the titles - - something for every age!
JUNE 2023: Monthly Support Groups:
Our June get together is happening in-person, in Halifax on Sunday, June 4th from 1pm - 3pm.
Would you like join us?
Please visit our FB page event section for upcoming virtual meetings, picnics and get togethers.
- IWK Trans Health Team and Self-Referral Line:
- https://library.nshealth.ca/TransGenderDiverse/Hormones and
- Call Central Referral at 902-464-4110 or toll-free at 1-888-470-5888 and ask to meet with the team.
- Name Change and Gender Marker Change Pathway to assist with paperwork and free CLINICS: https://www.simplygoodform.com/NAME_GENDER_MARKER_CHANGE_PATHWAY
- Financial grant support for trans affirming youth care: Phoenix Youth Programs: https://phoenixyouth.ca/
- Phoenix Youth Terminology Dictionary: https://phoenixyouth.ca/sites/default/files/news/files/2slgbtqia_dictionary.pdf
- Halifax Sexual Health Centre www.hshc.ca
- Trans Lifeline 1-877-330-6366 (national service) www.translifeline.org
- South House www.southhousehalifax.org
- Youth Project www.youthproject.ns.ca
- Community Health Teams www.communityhealthteams.ca
- Nova Scotia Health Library Services https://library.nshealth.ca/TransGenderDiverse
CMHA Parent Connection Series Winter 2023
In this session we introduced participants to some of the Parent/Caregiver peer support groups that are available to offer insight, and support from a place of lived experience. FACILITATORS: BriAnna Simons, Roseita Corbett or Cynthia Sweeney and Veronica Merryfield
I've books to share on a lendable basis - they're here to help you through Pflag Halifax and also for schools.
If you're interested in checking out The Pink Balloon, a story about gender identity and shining as your true self, please take a peak at my author page. I've stickers, trans butterfly pins and postcards also available.
Have resources to share?
Please add them in the notes section and we'll be sure to incorporate them.
From my village to yours,
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. We share information that is helpful personally - or shareable within your child's school, sport; or your place of work.
Our newsletter posts monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.